[Samba] Joining a Linux Machine to a Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain

Chris Peterman c.peterman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 02:42:05 GMT 2007

I talked with the AD admin and he realized that ADJoin doesn't have the full
complement of privileges needed. So he tried his (full admin) account and it
still doesn't work. He noticed that klist dumped something wierd out...

I dunno if this is the right place to talk about Kerberbos, but since this
relates to the whole Samba thing. Here is the output from kinit + klist

Script started on Wed 31 Oct 2007 01:26:18 PM EDT
[root at 0-1-3-1d-38-f2 ~]# kinit petermcv at AD.CLARKSON.EDU
mwinscard_clnt.c:320:SCardEstablishContextTH() Cannot open public shared
file: /var/run/pcscd.pub
Password for petermcv at AD.CLARKSON.EDU:
[root at 0-1-3-1d-38-f2 ~]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: petermcv at AD.CLARKSON.EDU

10/31/07 13:27:10  10/31/07 23:27:13  krbtgt/AD.CLARKSON.EDU at AD.CLARKSON.EDU
	renew until 11/01/07 13:27:10

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached
[root at 0-1-3-1d-38-f2 ~]#
Script done on Wed 31 Oct 2007 01:27:24 PM EDT

He thought it was odd that it was appending AD.CLARKSON.EDU to the domain. The
krb5.conf is basically what is in the article with appropriate values subbed
in.

--
~ Chris "Kyral" Peterman
Communications & Media Undergraduate
Clarkson University
Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation
Member of the Association for Computing Machinery