[Samba] samba - CATIA V5

prasad at incat.com prasad at incat.com
Sun May 27 11:10:29 GMT 2007

Dear Support Team,

            We use Samba Server at one of our client site. The Samba
2.2.5 is installed on IRIX6.5 (SGI Machine) OS.

Scenario :

We have a Dassualt System Product - CATIA V5R15 running on Windows-NT
hardware. This software uses logical directory names to store the data.

These names get internally resolved in actual directory path, by the
CATIA software.

            For these windows machine, we mount directories from above
said unix server, using samba. These samba mounted directories are given
a logical name, inside CATIA V5 on windows. A CATIAV5 user saves the
data created inside CATIAV5 in these directories.

Expectation :

            When stored using this mechanism, samba should give file
permission, based on samba authorized user. Generally CATIA user is
having a samba login. So the file permission should be same as of the
CATIA file saver.

Bug (Actual behaviour) :

             When stored using this mechanism, samba gives the
permission, based on the unix directory owner. Instead it should have
been the CATIA V5 user, who is writing this file.

Pl guide us how to overcome this problem.

===================

Prasad S Tare

Team Leader - KBE/PLM,

INCAT,

Tata Technologies,

Pimpri, Pune -18

Email Disclaimer:
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential, proprietary, and legally privileged data of INCAT that is intended for use only by the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. You are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of INCAT. While this e-mail has been checked for all known viruses, the addressee should also scan for viruses. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete.INCAT does not accept liability for any errors or omissions. To know more about INCAT please visit http://www.incat.com