[Samba] test share works, but homes returns with "network name cannot
steveroush at qwest.net
Sun May 27 04:40:40 GMT 2007
I just encountered the same problem and solved it (with the help of
Google). SELinix was preventing samba to work as I wanted. Here is a
way to check if this is the problem, and to fix it:
- run the program system-config-securitylevel
- click on the "SELinix" tab
- if it says "enforcing"
- either turn off SELinix by changing "enforcing" to "disabled"
- or click on "modify SELinix Policy", "Samba", and "Allow Samba to
share users home directories"
- kill your current smbd and nmbd processes
- service smb restart
With luck, samba will be running as you wanted.
More information about the samba