[Samba] roaming profiles in a home environment

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Thu May 31 01:13:08 GMT 2007

> I'm assuming that I'd be better off not using roaming profiles, but instead
> using folder redirection (in outlook's case simply put the files on the
> share).

Yes.

> So - two questions:
> 1. Is the above a reasonable viewpoint?
> 2. Can I setup folder redirect through samba via a policy file, or will I
> need to do it on each PC individually?

You can perform folder redirection via policies from a Samba PDC;  just
the same as if you were using an NT4 PDC (see older Windows NT domain
documentation;  this is really a Windows thing,  not specific to Samba).

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com