[Samba] testing samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 30 23:44:33 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 15:01 +0200, Fabio Marcone wrote:
> Hi *,
> I'm installing samba4 to test purpose but I have an error. I'm following
>  howto.txt included in samba-4.0.0tp4.tar.gz.

We will be releasing TP5 soon, you might want to grab the current
sources from SVN.

> I compile and install samba4 without problem but
> # smbd -i -M single
> Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2007
> smbd: using 'single' process model
> task_server_terminate: [NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO]
>

> and if I try to connect it using smbclient I get:
> Could not find entry to match filter:
> (&(flatname=TESTS4)(objectclass=primaryDomain))
> Failed to start GENSEC server mech gssapi_krb5:
> NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
>

> I think it is a kerberos problem (do I have to install kerberos
> separately?) but there are no info in howto.txt.

Kerberos is bundled.

> Can you help me?

Best to ask samba4 questions on the samba-technical list at this stage
of it's development.

> Is there a guide to install samba4?

The howto.txt is the best place to start.

In terms of your question, does the workgroup in your smb.conf match the
one supplied to --domain in the provision?

Andrew Bartlett