[Samba] Question about multiple ldap backend (as failover/load balance)

Patrick Dung patrick_dkt at yahoo.com.hk
Wed May 30 09:06:47 GMT 2007

Hello

OK, in my case, there is only one samba server acting as PDC.
On the PDC, it has a openldap server as backend.

I have configured another server as the slave ldap server. slave ldap
server will pool data by syncrepl.

There are some spaces in samba/smbldap-tool that we can configure
multiple ldap servers (or load balance by use of DNS)

What happen if the PDC write data to the slave ldap server? (or the
master ldap server failed, data has to write to the slave ldap server.
and then the master ldap server comes online)

The main problem is that the master and slave ldap server will be out
of sync. Can samba auto detect and fix it?

Thanks
Patrick