Samba in Debian Etch (was: Re: [Samba] Binary_Packages/Debian)

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed May 30 05:33:52 GMT 2007

(samba-technical dropped as this is not really on-topic for it)

Quoting Miguel Gonzalez Castaños (miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es):

> If it is not a very complicated process I might help you out a bit.
> Anyway, current Samba etch package seems not to work with ADS, so this
> can be lay on the fixing tasks you mentioned.

If you're affected by issues of the samba 3.0.24-6etch2 packages in
Debia (I mean packages provided by Debian), please try the following
packages which are targeted to be uploaded soon to security.debian.org
as fixes for regressions introduces by the recent security updates:

http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/samba/

These packages are signed by Steve Langasek, member of the samba
packaging team in Debian.

We'd be delighted to hear about any feedback abot the packages as we
know that the status of samba in Debian Etch is currently not optimal.