[Samba] Binary_Packages/Debian

Miguel Gonzalez Castaños miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es
Tue May 29 17:44:11 GMT 2007

simo escribió:
> On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 11:36 -0400, Miguel Gonzalez Castaños wrote:
>

>> I am pretty confused. Etch is the latest stable version, why this
>> service would be discontinued? The sarge package is already in the
>> official debian oldstable repository?
>>

> I have historically backported new versions to debian stable, as the
> Debian policy is to never upgrade packages in stable but just do
> security updates or fix bugs in that version.
>
> Etch is the new stable release so I should stop providing packages for
> Sarge and start to provide packages for Etch.
>
> I am not yet sure I have time to do this. If I can't I will discontinue
> the service of providing packages for Debian Stable (Etch currently).

I am an average linux sysadmin, I have compiled tarballs, kernels, etc,
but I have never created any RPM or debian package.

If it is not a very complicated process I might help you out a bit.
Anyway, current Samba etch package seems not to work with ADS, so this
can be lay on the fixing tasks you mentioned.

Miguel