[Samba] Sharp AR-M550N and SAMBA

david rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue May 29 14:31:26 GMT 2007

We have a similar machine, Sharp AR-M355N, that we use for the same purpose.
We don't have samba involved in the setup at all. For scanning, we use ftp
directly to the server, for printing we use the client drivers on windows.
Our server performs as a dhcp server and we have simply set the copier up to
obtain an ip from the server. We haven't found a need for samba yet and the
copier works wonderfully.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
510 Ochiltree Street