[Samba] grant privileges issue

Lutieri G. lutierigbtrabalho at gmail.com
Mon May 28 22:57:03 GMT 2007

I'm using security = ADS and winbind. I need to grant
SePrintOperatorPrivilege to a user in domain.

When i try to grant SePrintOperatorPrivilege to my user(realm\lutierib)  i use:

net -d 1 -Uroot -Slocalhost rpc rights grant realm\lutierib
SePrintOperatorPrivilege

executing the above command return me a error(Acces denied) because
root is not found in domain and doesn't has permittion for grant
privileges.

I already create using smbpasswd -a root. Ok. I undestand it not found
root user because is only searching in my realm.

Then I change the security option in smb.conf to "user".  Therefore I
try again run the command:

net -d 1 -Uroot -Slocalhost rpc rights grant realm\lutierib
SePrintOperatorPrivilege

Ok. Now the user root has permissions to grant privileges for other
users BUT, hovewer, althought the user realm\lutierib is no found.
ohhh nooo

Ok. I undestand it can't found my user because is only searching users
in local files created by smbpasswd.

Now come the question: What can I do?! i'm living the chiken-and-egg problem.

--
Att.
Lutieri G. B.