[Samba] Valid user group problem in ADS

Benoit Moeremans abeneuneu at gmail.com
Mon May 28 11:49:55 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

I'm using a debian sarge with the samba bin 3.0.14, member of a domain.

I migrated the config from my old samba 3.0.4 wich was working without any
problems.
Now i get a box for user & pass when i want to access to one of the share.

Wbinfo works, getent too, net ads testjoin, net ads checksecret...

Here is what's in the log:

[2007/05/28 13:31:29, 2] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(580)
  user 'CARD+bmi' (from session setup) not permitted to access this share
(pic)

When i comment the valid user directive in the smb.conf, it works but no way
to write. If i put a user of the domain in the valid user, it works. But no
way to get it working with the group.

I checked the archives of the ml, but i did not found something interesting
for me.

Any idea?

Thnx,

Benoit