[Samba] Samba on Solaris 8

George Sadathian George.Sadathian at WGSN.com
Wed May 16 12:35:42 GMT 2007

Good Morning,

I would like to run a question by your technical support team.

My employer is currently using Samba server (Samba 2.0.5a)

 Solaris 8 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4.

Samba is configured to communicate through port 139.

However we have been asked to change Samba configuration in order to

change the communication from port 139 to 445.

This configuration change is requested to improve network security.

I am not entirely sure what porcess/es or steps needed for this
alteration.

I would like to know if  there is any procedure or recommendation so I
would be able to

Implement this change.

In advance, I would like to thank you for all your assistance.

Regards,

George Sadathian