[Samba] Samba 3 on Suse 9.0 cannot see Windows boxes on the network

pzbrawl peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Thu May 17 16:13:56 GMT 2007

A machine with a fresh installation of Suse 9.0 can reach the router and the
internet, is set to belong to the local workgroup, but cannot see the other
three Windoze boxes (xp, w2kpro) and cannot be seen by them. smb.conf looks
correct according to the documentation & FAQs I have seen. Obviously I'm
missing something crucial; any hints on what that might be would be most
appreciated.