[Samba] problem with synchronize samba and unix password - ldap

adrian sender adrian_au1 at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 23:17:41 GMT 2007

It could be a problem with you slapd.conf & ACL's, you need something like
this:

access to attrs=userPassword
        by self write
        by dn="cn=Manager,dc=domainname,dc=com" write
        by * auth

access to attrs=sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword
        by dn="cn=Manager,dc=domainname,dc=com" write

access to *
        by dn="cn=Manager,dc=domainname,dc=com" write
        by * read

Samba needs access to this, replace "Manager" with the bind dn that samba
uses to bind to the ldap database.

Cheers,

Adrian Sender.

Advertisement: Its simple! Sell your car for just $30 at carsales.com.au