[Fedora] Re: [Samba] NFS locking ...maybe?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu May 24 20:05:20 GMT 2007

Don Meyer wrote:
> We saw a similar behavior -- users could not write/create new files,
> but could generally do everything else.   The failure to write/create
> manifested as a permission denied error, and not a locking error,
> however.   If you are seeing a locking error, you may have a different
> problem.
    Turning locking off in smb.conf solved the problem.  Since this is a
single user, internally control setup, we're not concerned about file
corruption.  Now, there may be another hidden problem somewhere by me
turning off locking, but there's no way of knowing till we actually
start using it.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6