[Samba] PHP/Samba Authentication w/ tdb files.

Paul Griffith paulg at cse.yorku.ca
Thu May 24 18:32:55 GMT 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007 13:48:58 -0400, Ryan Neufeld <ryanneufeld at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a web based file system access solution for the company I
> work for. I need to authenticate users against samba's password
> database, I
> found a project called PEAR::File_SMBPasswd that works with the older
> (and
> now depricated?) smbpasswd file format, however it fails spectacularly
> when
> using it with sambas TDB formatted files.
>
> I have googled for the last week trying to find a solution, or even some
> docs on the tdb format so I could read it with PHP but I am at the end
> of my
> rope (and soon my deadline) for this one.
>
> Any ideas?

I am not sure if this will help you, but from a quick google search.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/smbwebclient/
About:
SMB Web Client is a simple PHP script that allows users to access Windows
networks from a Web browser (using Samba tools).

smbwebclient - looks like a PHP wrapper for the Samba tools.

Hope this help!

Thanks