[samba] User/group enumeration range not being used

Kris Monstad kris.monstad at absolutestudios.co.uk
Thu May 24 11:59:28 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Samba newbie again...I thought I was sorted out yesterday but a few more
thing are plaguing me....

I have in my smb.conf:

idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000

and

winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes

however, 'getent passwd' shows users within the default enumeration
range (ie:16777550 or something like that!).This goes for groups too.  I
can't shake them off. All users are currently being asked for a username
and password which are rejected (which I assume is due to this mix up -
im not sure)

If anyone can offer advice I'd be extremely grateful!

Cheers,
Kris