[Samba] Samba PDC on a read-only (and not configurable) LDAP server

Wolfgang Ratzka ratzka at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Wed May 23 15:55:11 GMT 2007

Matteo Rosati wrote:
(...)

> now, we want to change this system (obsolete), and the central
> administration has given us the possibility to connect via LDAP to
> their databases.
> we CANNOT modify the ldap entries and the configuration files, and we
> cannot isert the samba schemas into the ldap. in other words, we
> cannot touch in any way the ldap server. we only have full access to
> our server with samba, and we would like to connect to ldap so our
> users can do the login.
>
> do you have any suggestions?
> i am going crazy, i have no more ideas...

If you want to build a *real* PDC, your only chance is setting up
your own LDAP-Server and somehow sync that to the central LDAP.
In principle this is not much different to what you are doing now
with your /etc/smbpasswd and the files distributed once a week,
but on a technologically advanced level ;-).

--
Wolfgang Ratzka  Phone: +49 6421 2823531  FAX: +49 6421 2826994
Uni Marburg,  HRZ, Hans-Meerwein-Str., D-35032 Marburg, Germany