[Samba] Help with permissions

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue May 22 18:47:24 GMT 2007

   Hi Folks.  I'm trying to setup Samba and having a bit of a
problem...  However, I'm not sure if it's a Samba issue, or NFS issue.
The setup is as follows:

   Server 1  --> exports /storage/ftpusers
      In that folder, there are numerous user folders that are owned by
each specific user.

   Server 2  --> nfs mounts server1:/storage/ftpusers as /mnt/ftpusers
      At the same time, it also has /mnt/ftpusers setup to be shared
through Samba as follows:

   [ftpusers]
      comment = Client FTP
      browseable = yes
      writable = yes
      path = /mnt/ftpusers
      guest ok = yes
      public = yes
      read only = no

   Server 3 (which is a windows box) will then get onto //server2/ftpusers

   The problem I'm having is that I can't see/write anything inside any
of the user folders that's within /ftpusers from the windows box.  My
guess is because the WinBox accesses it as a guest user, where the
folder are owned by real users.  I need to be able to do this so we can
place files for our clients into their respective folders (from within
our network - hence the convoluted way of doing things.)

   Suggestions?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6