[Samba] NTLM auth issues with squid

B Royles broyles at kes.sheffield.sch.uk
Mon May 21 15:39:09 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to get squid to work with ntlm_auth and I am getting this
error in the logs

user [KES7]\[broyles]@[UPP-TCH-BMR] failed due to [winbind client not
authorized to use winbindd_pam_auth_crap. Ensure permissions on
/var/cache/samba/winbindd_privileged are set correctly.]

II have changed the perms so that squid group had rx and I was still
getting the error (I had restarted squid and samba)

So then I tried adding the squid user to a samba group and changing
/var/cache/samba/winbindd_privileged so its got the group of samba

But I am still getting the message.... any ideas

Also I am running these on Gentoo on a IA-64 box

Thanks,

B. Royles

Senior Technician

King Edward VII School