[Samba] Advice about samba + GFS

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Mon May 21 15:04:42 GMT 2007

Hi people,

Actually, I have a samba server with XFS filesystem.
It run fine with no problem.

But, I must change machine (replacement cycle).
The hardware is from HP which distribute some tools and package for
managing server.
This tools run only with update and kernel from supported distribution (in
this case RedHat).

The problem is the support of XFS on RedHat distrib.
If I want XFS on my server, I must recompile the kernel with problem about
Hp package !

Another project have the objective to find a solution for clustering the
data and the samba server.
And Redhat have a solution named GFS.

And now I would like to know some experience of sysadmin about GFS and
samba ( on LVM and ACL )
A little bechmarl between XFS and GFS and other link if possible.

thanks

        Stéphane Purnelle

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467