[Samba] force group to Unix group in 3.0.25

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Fri May 18 17:22:11 GMT 2007

> Our bug.  I fixed it last night for next week's 3.0.25a release
> (http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Release_Planning_for_Samba_3.0).
>
> You can either retest against the SAMBA_3_0_25 svn tree or I
> can send you a patch.

Jerry, apparently this bug hits Debian's version in etch as it
appeared after the security fix for CVE-2007-2444. See

As you certainly know, upgrading the version in etch to 3.0.25a is out
of question, so we need to patch the 3.0.24 version to fix this.

So, if you have the patch handy, we'd be deeply interested.

Is there a bug report for this issue in Samba's BTS? I can't find one.