[Samba] Windows File Versions

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed May 16 03:12:55 GMT 2007

On 5/15/07, n. b. <samba at theharem.net> wrote:
> Yes, sorry for the confusion, I meant the version info resouce in dlls and
> executables.

For that I believe the simplest method is to mount the windows share
on the unix machine using cifs and then use a windows program and wine
to extract the version info.

Here is a link to windows code that does this:

http://www.codeproject.com/file/VersionInfo.asp

I doubt that it will take any effort getting this type of program to
run under wine.

If you do not want to use wine the work is harder as you need to read
the PE header and then scan for the binary resources in the file.

I hope this helps,
John