[Samba] Cannot join Win XP SP2 client to domain

Thomas Ußmüller ussmueller at gmx.de
Tue May 15 18:38:53 GMT 2007

Dear Jason,

Thanks a lot. This solved my problem.

When creating the user and machine accounts directly with LDAP
everything works fine. But when either trying to directly connect the
machine (i.e. without creating the account manually) or when using the
User Manager for domains, it doesn't work.

I have noticed that the smbldap script create the accounts in my
directory. But interestingly the SambaSamAccount objectclass is not
added by the scripts. Is this behaviour normal? Shall the scripts or
samba add the attributes?

I think one possible solution might be to modify the scripts, so that
they add the needed objectclass/ attributes. What do the others in the
group think about that solution?

Maybe you can tell me a bit more about your server. Which backend do you
use? Do you use the smbldap scripts as well? Maybe we can find the
similarities in our machines which cause the problem and fix it.

Regards
Thomas