[Samba] samba3 FreeBSD pdc

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Tue May 15 13:54:51 GMT 2007

Hello,
    Most of the docs i've seen for implementing samba3 as a pdc are for
Linux. And for a most part they work with FreeBSD. I've not got the box
production yet, i have several questions and was wondering if anyone used
samba3 on fbsd as a pdc? If so i'd appreciate hearing from you. I want to
set up single sign-on authentication, and password changing with the fbsd
system. So that a user can ssh in to the box change the password it's
reflected everywhere or the user does it from windows. I am not getting the
passwd chat string right. And some of the scripts add machine to group,
scripts i haven't been able to get them working with fbsd, this is version
6.2 btw, i don't think i'm going to have the issue of not being able to add
a $ in the username.
Thanks.
Dave.