[Samba] RE: install opt-samba-base on aix 5.3

Hillel Seltzer hseltzer at larich.com
Mon May 14 22:13:48 GMT 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 14:07:54 -0700 (PDT), Steve Romanow wrote
> Just to add a little more detail, we tried to install the package
> pware.samba-3.0.24 first, thinking it would install its prerequisites.
>
> There is a .toc file in the pwd that seems to be for the 3.0.24, did
> it come from the tar.gz file?
>
> I think it ight be getting in the way of the subsequent attempts to install
> pware.base 5.2.2.0

The .toc file was created by installp when you ran it the first time.
Assuming you are in a temp directory, just delete that .toc file.
Untzip and untar the opt-samba-3.0.24-AIX5.tar.gz and opt-samba-base
packages from http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/AIX/
in the same directory.  Then follow the instructions from the README
file with the "installp -lE -d." and "installp -agYX -d. all" commands.

Hope this helps.
---Hillel