[Samba] install opt-samba-base on aix 5.3

Steve Romanow slestak989 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 20:55:19 GMT 2007

I am trying to install samba 3.0.24 on aix 5.3.  I have downlaoded the binaries
from samba.org and I am using the directions found at:

http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/AIX/

The directions dont specify installing the base.  WHen I try to install the
pware 3.0.24, it fails due to required packages missing.

I do not see a way to get opt-samba-base installed.

Included below is the preview from installp of the install from /tmp/samba

root at tybalt /tmp/samba # installp -lE -d.

installp PREVIEW:  installation will not actually occur.

                    Pre-installation Verification...

Verifying selections...done

Verifying requisites...done

Results...

FAILURES

--------

  Filesets listed in this section failed pre-installation verification

  and will not be installed.

  Requisite Failures

  ------------------

  SELECTED FILESETS:  The following is a list of filesets that you asked to

  install.  They cannot be installed until all of their requisite filesets

  are also installed.  See subsequent lists for details of requisites.

    pware.samba-3.0.24.rte 3.0.24.0           # Samba 3.0.24

  MISSING REQUISITES:  The following filesets are required by one or more

  of the selected filesets listed above.  They are not currently installed

  and could not be found on the installation media.

    pware.MIT-krb5.rte 1.4.4.1                # Fileset Update

    pware.base.rte 5.2.0.0                    # Base Level Fileset

    pware.cyrus-sasl.rte 2.1.22.0             # Base Level Fileset

    pware.gcc-shared-libs.rte 4.1.1.0         # Base Level Fileset

    pware.libiconv.rte 1.9.2.0                # Base Level Fileset

    pware.openldap.rte 2.3.27.0               # Base Level Fileset

  << End of Failure Section >>

FILESET STATISTICS

    1  Selected to be installed, of which:

        1  FAILED pre-installation verification

  ----

    0  Total to be installed

End of installp PREVIEW.  No apply operation has actually occurred.