R: [Samba] Fwd: SAMBA on AIX --> nsswitch.conf?

Gianluca Culot gianlucaculot at dmsware.com
Mon May 14 08:25:17 GMT 2007

Don't think it depends on system...
I think you are missing parts in Samab configuration

if nsswitch doesn't exist... create it

here is mine.
passwd: files winbind
shadow: files winbind
group: files winbind

#hosts: db files nisplus nis dns
#hosts: files dns wins
hosts: files dns

# Example - obey only what nisplus tells us...
#services: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#networks: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#protocols: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#rpc: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#ethers: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
#netmasks: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

ethers: db files
netmasks: files
networks: files dns
protocols: db files