[Samba] Samba on Debian: Sarge -> Etch = broken guest shares

Tim Bates tin at new-life.org.au
Sun May 13 23:34:28 GMT 2007

OK, I have now used tdbtool to remove the entries for "nobody" from
passwd.tdb, and I checked for anything relating to the share or the
guest user in all the other tdb files. It still doesn't work.
I have just entered "security=share" for that share, and removed write
access and the other security options. That makes it work, but I don't
really want to leave it in that state. I'm led to believe there's
something up with my valid users list or something... Could someone
check the "unattended" and "wpkg" shares I have listed in my config (in
the quoted messages below) and tell me if there's something completely
wrong with what I have? It used to work, but I guess something's changed.

TB