[Samba] Possible problem w/ 'idmap restore' under 3.0.25rc3 (the sequel)

Don Meyer dlmeyer at uiuc.edu
Fri May 11 16:22:18 GMT 2007

At 07:17 AM 5/11/2007, simo wrote:
> > Afterward, testing the UID mappings that should have been established
> > (by 'getent passwd {username}' results in allocation of a new number.
>
>I need to know what error you get, I have no errors in storing the IDs,
>They get created in ldap for me.
>Maybe you can get to the real error the server returns?

> > So, the previous patch fixes TDB mode, but that particular problem
> > appears to still exist under LDAP mode.
> >
> > If there is any additional info you need (or tests to run) to help
> > diagnose this problem, I'd be glad to try to get it for you.
>
>Need to know why the ldap server refuses to create the entries.
>I can't repro this.

Not being able to reproduce on your end is a good sign -- the problem
may be on my end.   I was testing with "half-patched" rc3 code while
I'm away at a redhat conference.   Jerry has shown me the proper way
to build fresh RPMs from the SVN tree with *all* the patches -- I'll
plan on building fresh from this and also tearing down and starting
the LDAP fresh, so I can get clean results later this
afternoon/evening.   We'll see if that makes the difference...

Thanks,
-D

Don Meyer                                           <dlmeyer at uiuc.edu>
Network Manager, ACES Academic Computing Facility
Technical System Manager, ACES TeleNet System
UIUC College of ACES, Information Technology and Communication Services

temporary safety,
         deserve neither liberty or safety."     -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759