[Samba] Old Access Printing Issues

Fred Nuffer fnuffer at email.arizona.edu
Thu May 10 18:37:51 GMT 2007

Hello All,

When a user on any of my client machines attempts to create a report in
MS Access he receives the following message:
    "The wizard is unable to create your report."

I have found the following on the MS support site:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208553

This also causes various other problems when working with Access
databases and forms that have already been created.

That article states that you must have a default printer installed for
MS Access to work.  The problem is that my client machines all have a
default printer, but it is a NETWORK printer, served by the Samba
server.  I could add local printer and set it to default, but that kind
of work-around doesn't really solve my issue.

Any ideas?

--
Best regards,

L. Fred Nuffer