R: R: R: [Samba] LS not showing AD owner username and groupname

Gianluca Culot gianlucaculot at dmsware.com
Wed May 9 16:40:22 GMT 2007

> -----Messaggio originale-----
> Da: Gerald (Jerry) Carter [mailto:jerry at samba.org]
> Inviato: mercoledì 9 maggio 2007 18.17
> A: Gianluca Culot
> Cc: Samba at Lists. Samba. Org
> Oggetto: Re: R: R: [Samba] LS not showing AD owner username and
> groupname

well this

mail# ~ > perl -e '@user = getpwuid(100000); print "@user\n";'

give
<empty line>
as result
Same getgrgid

could be my UID database for samba is corrupted ?
I've upgraded from 14b... and something in configuration changed.
but I supposed samba would adjust automatically UIDs and that eventually I'd
change the ownership of hoem directories for my email users

well
thanks A LOT for your great helping.
I banged my head on this problem for whole day long and learned a lot about
samba...
I'll resume tomorrow (Central Europe Time)

Thanks
Gianluca