[Samba] TDB functionality document

Aravinda Guzzar aguzzar at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:35:44 GMT 2007

Hi,

Does someone know a document which explains the TDB structure.
functionalites, and format of the TDB files etc.

I need to understand why some of the TDBs like messages.tdb, unexpected.tdb,
brlock if not read_only, locking.tdb, session.tdb, wins.tdb are called with
TDB_CLEAR_IF_FIRST tdb flags.

Why some TDBs are opend with O_RDWR|O_CREAT flags viz. gencache.tdb,
group_mapping.tdb, account_policy.tdb, share_info.tdb, secrets.tdb.
schannel_store.tdb etc. etc.

why registry.tdb is uniquely been tried to open with O_RDWR flag and if
fails then tried with O_RDWR|O_CREAT flag.

and such internal details of the TDBs.

>From the code study I am not getting the complete picture of this component.
Can any one help me by sharing any information available with them related
to this.

Thanks in advance.
regards
Aravind