[Samba] Newbie Question - can users create directory on thier own from Win Client ???

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Tue May 8 10:17:15 GMT 2007

Silly question actually.  :)

Basically, if a Windows client can do it while connected to a Windows
server, they can do it while connected to a Samba server. This is a
basic permissions issue. If the client has permission to create a
directory on the share, it should work. The easiest way to set Windows
permissions is to log on from a Windows client with a Domain
Administrator account and set the group permissions, etc. from there.