[Samba] Re: Countless "rec_read bad magic" lines in log.smbd

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:08:21 GMT 2007

> All right, I may even get Memtest86 run this evening. Will report pass/fail to this thread.
>
> Thanks!

Being that I have used this type of software countless times I just
wanted to say a few things about memtest86 (and memory testing in
general). The first thing is memtest86 can not prove that your
hardware is good it can only do the opposite. If you get a single
failure you have some type of hardware problem which may include a
problem with the electricity (1/2 second power outage...). I have had
a system pass a couple day test only to fail 72 hours into testing
(let the system run memtest over a weekend).

John