[Samba] process cannot access file.....on home shares, 3.0.24 on Debian.

Jan-Eric Kamb (TN/EAB) jan-eric.kamb at ericsson.com
Mon May 7 15:11:30 GMT 2007

-----Original Message-----

Hi,

After upgrading samba from 3.0.14(Sarge) to 3.0.24(Etch) I cannot save
file I have edit anymore on home shares, local shares works.

It's possible to create/delete/rename dir/files. But if I try to edit a
file and save it windows complains:

"The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a
portion of the file"

Copy a file gives the same error.

I have tried using XP Professional and Server 2003 with latest windows
patches.

Snooping the net with wireshark shows:

Write AndX Response, Error: STATUS_FILE_LOCK_CONFLIKT  + checksum
incorrect.

.
.
.

Hi,
I received a mail from Christine (if I remember your name correctly, I
was to quick deleting mail...) suggesting:

[global]
kernel oplocks = no

That works, thank you.

Regards