[Samba] authentication doesn't work when connecting from XP via hostname

Mössler, Michael Michael.Moessler at uhb-consulting.de
Mon May 7 12:27:52 GMT 2007

We have problems with connecting from some xp pcs to our linux fileserver when using the netbios name of the server,
when i try to connect the authentication error message apears and asks for user /password,
the problem occurs only when i connect via host names, when i connect via IP it works well,
i didn't find anything in the logs and the problem occured today after it worked for a few days,
some other pcs have no problems with it, can anyone help ?

We're using samba 3.0.23d with winbind in a 2k3 SP2 domain using kerberos