R: [Samba] winbind AD and Kerberos !

Gianluca Culot gianlucaculot at dmsware.com
Mon May 7 07:37:45 GMT 2007

As far as I understand Samba

security=ADS implements ActiveDirectory protocol and is used to auth user
against an AD domain (windows2000, windows2003)

security=domain implements NT style protocol and is used to auth user
against an NT domain (NT4, windows2000 in mixed mode, NOT native)

Both security should work under w2k and w2k3... but why should you use an
old NT style auth protocol ?

Gianluca