[Samba] cannot start smbd on AIX 5.3

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun May 6 20:09:18 GMT 2007

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 11:58:35AM -0700, Tiucra-Popa Florin Catalin wrote:

> After two weeks of waiting for an answer to our problems regarding non mapping domain users we felt that samba lists is too busy to solve developed *NEW* things than helping STABLE APPLICATION. :(

If you require a guarenteed response time you need
to purchase a support contract with someone.

There are plenty of people to chose from, so
take your pick. A mailing list isn't the place
to get a known response time metric.

> What is happening whith this product?!?
>
> Hopping to see a stable product... some day.

Do you download and test the release candidates ?
Do you report bugs and help us track them down ?
Do you set up test systems and learn how to
report segfaults and other issues ?

If not then I'm afraid I'm just going to ignore
your complaints. Free Software helps those who
learn how to help themselves. It's not "free"
as in cost.

If you don't want to do any of this then purchase
a support contract from people who do.

Jeremy.