[Samba] cannot start smbd on AIX 5.3

Tiucra-Popa Florin Catalin popa_c at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 18:58:35 GMT 2007

Hi all,

In 2005, me and another system administrator, we started to implement SAMBA for a big company(our client). The oly miss on that version was the ACL support. Tow weeks ago, we tried to upgrade to a new STABLE version 3.0.24 and we encountered some WINBIND problems (see Re: [Samba] Option valid user not expanded for groups). We returned to the first build from 3.0.20b.

We installed binaries for the specified link and after 3 hours of winbid mappings errors we gave up and returned to the first build from 3.0.20b.

After two weeks of waiting for an answer to our problems regarding non mapping domain users we felt that samba lists is too busy to solve developed *NEW* things than helping STABLE APPLICATION. :(

What is happening whith this product?!?

Hopping to see a stable product... some day.

FlorinT