[Samba] Problem with printer drivers downloading

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Fri May 4 08:15:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

Karl Banasky schrieb:
> ... I get a message that the
> drivers cannot be found.  looking in the logs I see a permissions error
> but I cannot for the life of me see why I get that.
>
> [print$]
> comment = Printer Drivers
> path = /share/scripts/cups/drivers
> browseable = yes
> #Valid users = @Domain Users, @Domain Admins
> guest ok = yes
> read only = yes
> write list = karl, @Domain Admins

What are the permissions on /share/scripts/cups/drivers? The user must
have the change to read this files. Maybe there are some permission
problems with higher levels directories in your case, too.

These are the permissions on my Printer Driver share:

# ls -lad /shares/Printer/
drwxrwsr-x  4 root Print Operators 4096 2006-10-02 13:33 /shares/Printer/