[Samba] CIFS VFS: close with pending writes

Kevin Bailey kbailey at freewayprojects.com
Thu May 3 09:29:54 GMT 2007

During the night I mount a Win2K share using the -t cifs option and tar/gzip files across from the Etch/Samba 3 server to the Windows server.

The kern.log is showing the following errors - could someone point me towards an explanation please?

May  2 02:00:45 psctpdc kernel:  CIFS VFS: close with pending writes
May  2 05:12:04 psctpdc kernel:  CIFS VFS: close with pending writes
May  3 01:54:49 psctpdc kernel:  CIFS VFS: close with pending writes
May  3 02:56:55 psctpdc kernel:  CIFS VFS: close with pending writes
May  3 06:48:13 psctpdc kernel:  CIFS VFS: close with pending writes

Thanks,

Kevin