[Samba] FreeBSD, winbindd and Domain Groups

jhall at vandaliamo.net jhall at vandaliamo.net
Thu May 3 02:26:17 GMT 2007

I have installed SAMBA from the ports collection and have run into a problem.

I am using winbind and I am able to list the groups and users from the
Windows 2003 Server (wbinfo -u, wbinfo -g, getent passwd, getent group)
without any problem.

I am able to display the shares on the SAMBA server using net view without
any problem.

However, when I try to connect to the share, I receive a message stating,
"The specified network password is not correct."  I am using my username
and password which I am currently using on the domain.

The valid users on the share are set to jay.hall and the ownership on the
directory has been changed to jay.hall.

In the log.winbindd file I am seeing the following error messages.

[2007/05/02 20:20:00, 0] nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgrent(829)
  could not lookup domain group OWS_1299767552_admin

[2007/05/02 20:20:00, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:fill_grent_mem(106)
  could not lookup membership for group rid
S-1-5-21-1220945662-1979792683-83952

Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay