[Samba] Joining an 2003 AD

Levi Kemp lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Wed May 2 20:53:16 GMT 2007

I figured out my issue after looking over the smb.conf file one more
time. Seems I have the full domain name in for my password server
br2.bolivar.edu, not just br2. I also failed to have winbind use default
domain, and winbind separator included. I'm not sure which fixed it but
now when I wbinfo -a I get.
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded
Which is exactly right if I'm not mistaken. I'm going to try and figure
out how to auto-create home directories now so I'm sure I'll have a new
question soon. I'm also backing up my .conf files in a couple places. If
I build a new server I should just be able to paste them into place
correct? As long as the server is the same name, which it will be.

Levi