[Samba] Joining NT domain]

Damian Lock (SSCI) Damian.Lock at ssci.com
Wed May 2 14:54:03 GMT 2007

So the samba domain should trust the NT4 domain.   On a windows machine
in the NT4 domain, did you use User Manager for Domains to add the samba
domain as a trusting domain?

It seems a little backwards to me, but the domain that wants to be
trusted creates an account for the domain that will trust it.

I would get the following error unless I did the NT4 side 1st:

# net rpc trustdom establish nt4domain
Could not connect to server NT4PDC
The username or password was not correct.
Couldn't verify trusting domain account. Error was
NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE