[Samba] ubuntu livecd connects - regular install does not (kinit?)

Mr. Scary scry_mr at yahoo.ca
Wed May 2 14:15:49 GMT 2007

I am connecting to a samba share with a ubuntu 7.04
livecd using this smbclient command:

# smbclient //server/share -A /tmp/credentials -d3

Here is the (successful) debug output:

-----------------------
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60890205
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080205
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080205
Domain=[NAM] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN
Manager]
dos_clean_name []
smb: \>
-----------------------

When I use a regular install on the same hardware it
no longer works.  The debug info is given below:

-----------------------
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60890205
NTLMSSP: Set final flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080205
NTLMSSP Sign/Seal - Initialising with flags:
Got NTLMSSP neg_flags=0x60080205
spnego_parse_auth_response failed at 1
Failed to parse auth response
SPNEGO login failed: Unexpected information received
session setup failed:
NT_STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED
did you forget to run kinit?

I realize this is probably an AD/kerberos issue.  I
figure the livecd is running services automatically.
But what are they and how do I do the same?

Thanks in advance for any guidance in this matter.

Juan Miscaro

      Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail.  Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca