[Samba] Re: major cifs bug in 2.6.19+?

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:48:14 GMT 2007

On 4/30/07, Jason Haar <Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz> wrote:
> However, this problem doesn't affect us under 2.6.18 - only the newer
> kernels. Maybe something was broken in the cifs kernel module in newer
> releases?

How odd; I hadn't looked into version numbers enough.  We're running
2.6.9-42.0.10.EL, as provided by CentOS 4.4, and I just assumed that
it might have had some CIFS changes backported, but it looks like it
comes with CIFS 1.34, which is several versions older than 2.6.18 or
2.6.19.

Maybe the problem was fixed and then reintroduced, or maybe it's a
closely related bug.

Josh Kelley