[Samba] What version of Samba will work with an AIX version of Unix?

Mark Blake-Smith mark.blakesmith at Sandicliffe.co.uk
Tue May 1 14:13:44 GMT 2007

Hi all

We are currently looking to implement a scenario where our AIX Unix
Server and Windows Server can communicate with each other using a
version of Samba.

We currently scan images which are stored on our Unix system and ideally
we would like our Windows Server to have access to these files. The
software we use for our daily business is Unix based so the the scanned
images have to be primarily stored on the AIX Unix server. I understand
that you need a specific version of Samba to run on an AIX based version
of Unix and was wondering if someone feeling helpful could point me in
the right direction.

Kind Regards

Mark