[Samba] Joining an 2003 AD

Kemp, Levi lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Tue May 1 03:31:34 GMT 2007

So for example my Server String = BMSK12LTSP then my entry in the /etc/hostname file should contain a line reading 10.250.25.25 BMSK12LTSP.BOLIVAR.EDU BMSK12LTSP ? If that is all this is I'm going to shoot myself. What if you don't have either one defined? Or only one defined, because I don't think I have an entry in my hosts for my server, aside from the localhost.localhost localhost entry. And it is on the internal NIC for the LTSP, 192.168.0.254 I think, I'm not in front of the server right now.
 Don, are you saying that despite putting in both you still get this error? If this actually works I'm going to add it to the how-to I've got and send it back to the writer. I don't think it was needed when he wrote it, and like I said I got it to work the first time. I don't think I updated Samba that time, either that or I had the entry's in both and didn't know it. Thanks for the info. I'm going to give it a try in the morning and let you know if it worked.

Levi