[Samba] Dueling master browsers...

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Fri Mar 30 14:53:06 GMT 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007, Herb Lewis wrote:
> most often I have seen the dueling master browsers because a
> windows machine is running with both TCP/IP and NetBEUI
> protocol enabled.

Interesting observation, and I'll keep that in mind for the future. Although
this wasn't the case on the aforementioned XP Media Center laptop. It's odd
these days to find a system running NetBEUI, not to say that it doesn't
happen, but unlike yesteryear it's not part of a default install.

I am a little suspicious about the Media Center editions having a few extra
tweaks in this area. Seems Samba should not lose these elections by default.

Chris